Sunday, June 3, 2012

It's Been Too Long...

It has been such a long time since I've written.   The last two months have been full of travel throughout Japan.  I will sum it up in pictures in an effort not to bore.  Some can be found on FaceBook already.  Those that require their own posts will come in a few days.

Kyoto
Nyjai and I went to Kyoto in the south central area of Japan.  This city is absolutely spectacular.  It use to be the capital of Japan many moons ago.  The city was actually placed on the target list of the US during World War II, but removed because it was thought to be a beautiful place they did not desire to destroy.  Interesting.

We agree that it is incredibly beautiful and hope to go back sometime during our stay in Japan.  Here are photos from our 3 day tour.   I apologize for not remembering the names of all the temples.  I could go to the file and look them up, but I am trying to get this to you... Forgive me please.

At the end however... there is a surprise performance you do not want to miss!





This book gets a temple signature where ever we go....
Just for memories sake






Kyoto Tower

Where are these parking spaces when I am looking for one....


Hotel Lobby





Day 2/3


He is writing in temple book.

Nyjai and her animal... Agreyny.
It stands for 3 of her friends in Maryland
Amanda, Greysen and Nyjai... cute!


Shopping galore... Yumm.





Traditional Japanese meal.




I understand that it is rare to see a Mika perform.  This young lady is 18 years old and left home at about 12 or 13 years old to become a Geisha.  We got an opportunity to see and talk to her and it was really phenomenal. I hope you enjoy...! (Nyjai taped it soooo...)

Mika Performance










No comments:

Post a Comment