Friday, September 30, 2011

OMG- Two Days, No Three Days of Travel!

September 28th
It only took me a few minutes after boarding the plane to let the waterworks flow.  While I will miss dearly extended friends and family, it is my oldest daughter who I will miss the most.  She has been with me for more than half my life and we know each other like the freckles on the back of our hands.   She is me and I am her.  We encourage, joke, defend and battle.  Yes, she is a young woman, but she is my baby.

I am not completely in touch with these feelings.  I question if I am a good mom to leave her.  I question if I have done enough to get her ready for our leaving.  I question if we should send for her immediately. No matter the question, Franklin assures me that I have done well and what ever I want to do, he will support.  That always makes me feel better.

Ooo, I did not get to tell you guys about the fight Franklin and I had over dog support vs. car insurance for Quortney.  Naturally the car insurance won.  It was funny when we talked about it later.  That's what I love about us.  We battle like crazy, come to a decision and laugh about it later.  That might be called a good marriage and lasting friendship.  LOL!

After we arrived in Seattle, we rented a car, checked into the hotel and headed to Mt. Rainier.  This place was spectacular.  The forest was so lush and green, the water crystal clear in some areas and yet greenish blue in others.  We had to take pictures constantly and especially with Agreyni, the stuffed bright yellow duck Nyjai's friends gave her.  Franklin and I enjoyed the drive immensely.  We have always liked a good road trip.  Nyjai slept in the back and at each stop informed us that it was cold.  I agree. We just left 80-degree weather, so 54-degrees nipped at our noses and Nyjai’s toes.

Later that evening, we went to the Space Needle for dinner.  It was absolutely amazing.  The view, food and drinks left nothing to the imagination.  If you wanted it, they had it. We did not hold back.  I even had dessert!

I admit, that I cried, as during each thing we did, there was a spot for Quortney.  On the flight, an empty seat next to Franklin, her usual seat in the car, and at dinner next to Nyjai.  I am trying to hold it together, but at times, I just don’t care.

September 29th
Okay, this morning was rough.  My husband took off his listening ears and stored them in his carry on.  I made him put them back on as I gave him a what for.  In the end, he fixed it as usual, but I hate going through it to begin with….uggg!  Then, when we got to our gate, the first thing I saw was a gang of 2-5 year olds jumping up and down.  I wanted to start selling Benadryl or vodka shots.  Somebody somewhere needed to settle all that down. 

10 hours on a plane with at least 75 kids.  I am so glad they had movies and I had music and a good book.  Ya’ll know I did homework too! LOL!

It was hard to sleep though.  I am not sure if it was the excitement or the fact that technically I am supposed to be awake.  Franklin keeps looking back at me (O yeah we aren’t sitting together- part of the morning problem) telling me how much longer we have.  He is so funny. 

He came back earlier to give me a smooch.  I love that man.

We have a lot to do when we hit the ground.  We will see how the rest of the day goes…

September 30th
O Yeah! We are finally here.  Getting off the plane, getting our luggage and catching the shuttle was fairly easy.  I tried with all my might to see this country side on this 3 hour ride from Yokota to Yokosuka.  I haven't slept in so long, everything is a little hazy.

Franklin was so excited.  He started telling us where we were going, where we needed to go, how to get there.  He is as giddy as a kid in a candy store with money to spend.  Money to spend is key...LOL!

We checked into the lodge.  This will be our home until we find a place to live.  I am excited about the hunt for the perfect home.  The base is huge and he keeps trying to tell me what everything is.  I am not going to remember, so I just smile and say, "ooo okay.  Just tell me how to get to the gym in the morning
:-)."  

The shower and toilet are in Japanese.  Nyjai freaked out because she thought she would have to take a cold shower.  Then she realized the water it is 40 degrees Celsius not Fahrenheit.  That was funny.  I could not figure out how to flush the toilet or turn on the water.  Everything is turned around, pull rather than push.

This is going to take some getting use too.  We are up for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment