Monday, October 3, 2011

Keeping It Real...



I am so frustrated today.  I should not be.  I am living in a beautiful country with so much to see and do.  Yet, I do not feel I can take care of the things I need to do.  Franklin checked in to his command and they put him in an orientation brief immediately.  Of course the word “brief” is an oxymoron because there is nothing brief about this 8 hours a day- 5 days a week “brief”.  Which means the 10 days of house hunting leave we should have is delayed.  Then we have to go to another “brief” the whole week of October 17. We only have 30 days to find a place.  I do not think it will be that difficult, which is why I’m mad at myself for being frustrated.  Plus, if I spoke the language more fluently, I would not be waiting for him.  I will fix that so language will not be an issue in the near, very near future.

Top that off with the fact that we have not been intimate for more than a week because we have been preparing for this move and are now sharing a room with a 15 year old. I could burst.  If that is too much for ya, I make no apologies!  Those of you, who know me, know I only made it through deployment because of Skype, Video mail, shopping and the fact that I could not touch this fine specimen called my husband.  Now I have to look at him everyday and still not touch.  Nyjai needs an over night field trip for real!  Uggghhh!  We have got to find a place to live sooner than later. 

On a better note, I bought a car yesterday.  She is a 1998 328i BMW with only 38,000 miles.  You know I could not resist.  Obviously God wanted me to have her or she would not have been on the lot.  She is stunning; silver with black leather interior and in excellent condition.  Her name is “baby girl” which is Akachan Onnanoko in Japanese.  I think…LOL!  I got a great deal on her too.  She is small enough to navigate these tiny streets and get into any parking space.  Not to mention, she is sleek, sexy and sassy like me. But, I cannot legally drive her until I finish the “brief” on October 21st.  So that will give me time to tell Delila (my X5 back home) so she will not be jealous.  

Nyjai is now in school.  That was an interesting two hours.  You know how I roll.  I got all the paperwork back in July, filled it out, asked Tuscarora send her transcripts ahead of time (which they did), got all the shot records together.  Yet…. When I get to the school, they found shots she still needs.  Okay, I can deal with that- different country, different requirement.  What I do not understand is, why it took 45 minutes to place her in 8 classes for the year.  You had her transcripts for an entire month.  All you have to do is push a few buttons. It was not the number of buttons, but the speed at which they were pushed.  I am going to have to slow down a bit because no one is moving quickly around these parts.  Some even walk slower.  It is funny to watch.

Ooo yeah… did I mention that before I left the states, I was self-diagnosed with an OCD- hypersensitivity to sound.  I heard about it on Regis and Kelly.  Kelly has it too.  So for example, I can hear bugs crawling across the carpet, or butterflies wings flapping.  I especially cannot stand smacking or crunching when people eat.  And God forbid people from eating popcorn in a movie theater.  A couple of weeks ago I actually asked a man to close his mouth before crunching his popcorn.  Franklin could not believe it, but he was ridiculously loud and we were the only people in the theater.  You know he could hear it too.  Instead of those “Turn off your cell phone” commercials, they should have “Close your mouth when chewing and no slurping your pop – AIN’T NONE LEFT!!” commercials. 

Sorry, I digress….my point…

If these people in Japan do not pick up their feet when they walk; I am going to push someone over.

Is anyone feeling my pain? 




1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain. You are so funny. Thank you for making me laugh with the popcorn comment. I completely agree.
    - Jennie

    ReplyDelete