Sunday, October 9, 2011

New Home and 70's Party...

Nyjai successfully finished her first week of school, we found the perfect home and I met a few new people. 

Nyjai is taking a heavy load of honors classes.  I am hoping that she will soon get involved in a few sports.  She is making friends slowly but surely.  Right now, she is focused on catching up on 5 weeks of missed assignments.  Nyjai is a trooper though she has been hitting the books hard everyday this week.  Even though she took time off to hang with her dad.

I went to a hot spring with a group of women called Covenant Sisters.  It was supposed to be a day of relaxation and pampering, but there were kids everywhere.  You know that is not how I see relaxation time.  I can show these ladies how to pamper themselves for sure.  I must however find a spa with an incredible masseuse, esthetician, and nail technician.  Then I will be able to relax.  All in all, I had a good time. 

We have had a number of people make restaurant and food recommendations.  They were all excited about this thing call “nan bread”.  I tried it!  Uhh…it is just some backed dough with cheese, not very exciting or tasty.  I have to find some people with more discriminating taste buds…LOL!

Our New Home Video... 

Nyjai and I celebrated the finding of a new home with some curry from a restaurant called CoCo’s.  It was really good.  We have been back a couple times already.  Since we are in the Navy Lodge, it is challenging to eat as healthy as I normally do.  We do buy a lot of fruit and whole grain products but I want some fresh vegetables.  Nothing has been that appealing to me and they go bad so quickly.  



Franklin, Nyjai and I went biking and stopped at a couple of furniture stores.  I haven’t worked out in a while, but I get great exercise walking the city and biking.  You know I take the stairs as often as possible.  I have to be able to fit in that tub in the video.  Ooo and at the furniture stores, I saw so many wonderful authentic Japanese pieces.  I am glad I did not bring a lot of furniture with me.  I can start all other again…LOL! 



Nyjai is so funny she saw this stand and hollered “ooo incense.”   I laughed and said, “No silly chopsticks.”  We both laughed because it was an easy mistake.

We went to a 40th Birthday Party with a 70’s theme for one of Franklin’s co-workers.  It was fun.  I was Gloria Gaynor- she sung “I Will Survive.”  Franklin was Disco King.  It was a lot of fun!







We also had a mini-earthquake.  It wasn’t bad, just a little shake that you had to pay attention to feel. 

Week two, hear we come! 

2 comments:

  1. I must admit I wasn't sure what was on the stand either at first!! I know what you mean about someone raving about food & it end up being nothing special at all. When we first moved to Columbus we bought food from this little Mexican specialty food cart & I ended eating chitterlings in hot sauce!! LOL that's not at all what they told me it was!! I'm so proud of you Nyjai keep it up..We love and miss you very much..you & Frank look great..& Frank Shamar will get his suit back when we come visit ; ) I'm going to a costume party next week. I think I'm going to be mother nature....since I'm so pure & natural..Hahahaha We Love You Guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete